Sunday, July 22, 2012

B1G1 Journal...Improve the world and track your impact for pennies

During my Tom research, I stumbled upon this awesome website.  I am so excited and LOVE with this idea!

The idea behind this is simple:  You decide to donate a specific amount of money to different causes when you do 1-3 things of your choice.

B1G1 connects you to many grassroots groups doing awesome things in regards to the environment, people and animals.  You can track your impact, get cheers, awards, post goals/wishes, connect with friends, and share information. You can refer groups to get added, and find businesses that are having an impact on the world. There's a WIDE variety of things you can do with $.01, and it goes up to $6,000.

I decided I will My amazing awesome husband decided he's going to pay sponsor my new endeavor.  Thanks babe! :-)

My choices (drum roll please):

1) When I post something on my blog I will adopt one square meter of rainforest for a year ($.15)
2) When I shop online I will feed one impoverished child for a year ($1.85)
3) When I dine out, I want to give a pregnant mother health-boosting treatment per month ($1.38)


I wanted to donate every time I bought something used, however my husband gently reminded me that groceries cost money.

I plan to begin on the August 1st, who is with me?!  When we get 100 people in the Mild Crunch giving group, I'll do a giveaway.  


To join the giving group, you must sign up and make a journal.  Once that's done, look on the right hand side under giving groups and search for Mild Crunch.  Questions?  Contact me!  Let's do this!!!!


If you don't want to sign up for this life changing journal for some reason, there's another option:


Shares + Subscriptions + Comments = More blog posts = My husband sponsor having to pay out!

No comments: