Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Know a baby? Have $1? This post is for you!

Have a baby?
Want a baby?
Know a baby?  
Then, this post is for you! 




Brookiellen has made my day folks.  When I started this blog, I knew I would have to do a post about her cute, awesome covers, but I didn't realize that this post would also benefit soles4souls!

That's right.  This awesome small business owner has donated two of her covers (which double as swim diapers) and they can be yours!



For every $1 you donate here you will receive one entry into the raffle to win one of these awesome one size covers.  Make sure you specify which diaper you'd like to win (you can comment on the donation form).

If you would to do it another way, let me know, and we will work it out.

Please share this post, it's for a great cause, and it's good karma! :-)

Two years ago, I was a disposable using momma.  We lived in Yuma, and often had play dates at the pool.  I hated the disposable swim diapers, they're ugly, expensive, and crappy.  The pool once had to be closed because one of these couldn't contain my sons "load".

I knew if there were reusable cloth diapers, there had to be reusable swim diapers.  I jumped on etsy, found Brookiellen and fell in love.  I couldn't decided on one to get (there's so many cute designs for boys and girls) so I bought two.  A couple months later I saw some of her newest designs and needed them.  But how the heck could I convince my husband to let me get more than two swim covers?  And that began my journey into cloth diapering.  Yes, Brookiellen's cute diaper designs got me into cloth diapering.

I started cloth diapering with TWO of these and a dozen borrowed prefolds and snappies (thank you Celia).  I didn't know you weren't supposed to use regular detergent, put them in the dryer, or use fabric softener, so I did all three.  However, my original two held up through two years of intense wear, lots of chlorine from pools, my ignorance, and these babies can still be used today. These are some heavy duty covers folks!

My son is almost two, I'm coming to the realization that I won't be able to buy these anymore, and it tears at my heart.  However, Killian just convinced me to order more and informed me he plans on wearing them as undies.  I <3 that kid.

                                                                                                                                                                     



Brookiellen isn't only in the cloth diaper business.  She also sells custom lunch totes, baggies, wet bags and more.  She does covers in a variety of sizes (included one size) and you can request velcro or snaps.  She's very willing to work with customers if they have something in mind that isn't listed on her website.  She also has specials and codes on her facebook page all the time. Please visit her website and support small businesses!

No comments: